Thursday, March 13, 2008

Writing for Visual Medium

Elise Crawley
Going through the articles, I couldn't help thinking that getting video footage seemed like an exhaustive process.  Specifically because I cannot imaging getting a shot from so many different perspectives by myself (being inept as I feel with the camera) without having to ask people to redo things constantly.  Which then gets into the ethical question of staging things.  However in then reading about how to create a package it almost felt like pre-writing was almost like pre-staging, because you decided what you wanted before you absorbed a situation.  Granted decisions would be made at a location and it's not really staging, but reading how it is described almost sounds like creating news, though I recognize that it's not...it's more creating how the news (the results of a study, as an example) are portrayed.  
I liked the idea of editing much more.  I feel that I could certainly learn to edit well, but as a videographer, I might always come back with Rambo footage.  

No comments: