Thursday, March 13, 2008

Writing and Visual Mediums and All That

I can't imagine I will ever be too good at this. Though I'm sure I'll do better on my second time around than I did on my miserable first shoot. I was constantly panning and zooming, mainly because I am jittery and impatient I guess. Or maybe I was subconsciously trying to give my video an XTREME feel. I think that would perhaps been a good avenue to explore in the future, though in the meantime I think the different types of sequences will certainly be useful to keep in mind. There is so much to keep in mind all at once with doing video stories, though, so I'm sure it will take me a long time to actually be able to incorperate different sequences and get interesting shots and make it all cohesive and not shaky and such. I have a hard enough time trying to do a story without all that going on. But I feel like I at least have a grounding in what I should be doing now, to the point that I already think of myself from a week ago as an idiot.

No comments: