Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Writing for a Visual Medium

I really enjoyed these two articles because I feel like people jump to conclusions when thinking about non-print media sources by thinking that no writing is involved. Of course writing is involved in all aspects of media even if it is not the final product of a story. These two articles also made me feel a lot more confident about our upcoming long T.V. stories because now I know how to approach it more than I previously had. I liked a lot of the tips in the Poynter article about finding a “gee wiz” moment and other interviewing and photographing techniques that I think are very similar in any medium one is working in. I also found the other article interesting for its tips on preparation and focus on the assignment before going to work on it. Both of these articles make me feel better about tackling the long T.V. story and how to prepare for it.  

No comments: