Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Focusing

By Carla Schaffer

Out of all the articles, I found the article on how to focus on the story to be the most interesting. When completing the assignments that we've had up to this point, I have found myself slowly getting away from my original story topic when doing an interview. This article gave me some good tips on how to keep myself focused on the story and stick with it. The best advice was to think of your story as a sentence and in that sentence say what purpose the story will have. Even if the story changes direction during the interview, the sentence focus will help when it comes to editing. This way if I'm going through different parts of footage, I can ask myself whether or not that clip fits with the sentence. If it doesn't, find something that works better.

No comments: