Thursday, March 13, 2008

my convoluted sentences will be the death of me.

Tracy Pfeiffer

I particularly enjoyed the article from the Poynter Institute, "How to Focus, Interview, and Get the Story Told." There was a cute quote from Mark Guss of the Tampa Tribune, "t returned me to the feelings I had coming out of college, that I could change the world. It was inspiring because it reminded us of the power we have as journalists." But back to the issue at hand: writing for a visual medium. I thought that the tips in the article were very useful, and I find the concept of a "single-sentence story" to be intriguing -- it sounds difficult, but I think it would certainly help journalists to push and shove their story into a format that can be succinctly expressed and explored. Then I got really jealous because I saw the website for Canon's newest digital SLR, the EOS-1D. I want eet. But I also really liked the advice given by photojournalist Rich Murphy concerning what he strives to show in his photography.

No comments: