Thursday, March 13, 2008

Writing for a Visual Medium

Samantha Liss

I definitely agree that focus is important. With my story personal, I try and do way too much. Instead of getting a cohesive story that flows, I get an interesting array of things. Sometimes when doing the interview I get so interested in what he or she is saying that I get on a totally different tangent. Sometimes this can be great, but when you only have so much time and tape, it can be a waste. I also think that having a clear focus can lead to a quicker package. You know what you shot, where it's at in your tape sequence, making for a much easier edit time. I enjoyed the tips we learned in class in well, learning what our eyes naturally do will help me be more creative for shot sequences in my next two minute story.

No comments: