Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Writing for a Visual Medium

by Chelsea Williams
I found the article "Writing the Package" to be extremely useful, especially for tips for the TV story we have to do for our next assignment. While it seems fairly obvious that having a clear focus and not trying to do "too much" are essentials to creating a cohesive package, it is far easier said than done. I learned a valuable lesson about narrowing down the message I have, so that I am able to communicate exactly what I want without leaving the readers/viewers confused and inconclusive. Also, when it said to limit myself to three or four main points, I found that bit of information to be very helpful. Now when I think of how I want to put together I story, I see it more in little segments. I've also really learned the value of natural sound. To me, prior to this class and these readings, it was never really something I was conscious of; however I now understand how I can use it to draw people in, as well as capture the essence of the scene I'm doing the story at.

No comments: