Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Simply Photos

I think the best advice David LaBelle gives for me is to have patience. I was previously a photo minor (of how this came to be and subsequently ended involves a long story) and I was particularly jealous of this one guy who managed to capture lightning on film. He admitted that it took an entire 36 photo roll to get that one shot. My patience guilt tripped me the entire way back from that particular class. My pictures were always a hurried muddle of eclectic shots that fit the project concept but not each other. I never had the patience to sit around at any one place for too long, waiting for the three other photos of the four set project to evolve from the first and materialize into something wondrous. I usually don't have ADD tendencies until I had a camera in my hands and a deadline. Then I was just a mess. The saying goes that good things come to those who wait, and it is so proven by the amazing photography of the photojournalists included in the article.

No comments: