Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Being a hunter

By Carla Schaffer

Out of all of the “hunter qualities”, the section of advice that stuck with me the most was the advice to stay curious. It is easy to just take a picture of whatever is around at the time, but the photo will be even better if the photographer does more exploring. It’s important to not take everything at face value. Looking beyond the small picture will create a more captivating image.

David Snider’s pictures were very inspiring. I loved how he admitted in the introduction his uneasiness with taking people’s pictures without asking. It’s a natural human need to want to please everyone, and handling confrontation is something that I know I want to avoid if possible. I found that encouraging that he flat out admitted his uncertainty, and described how he got past it.

No comments: