Thursday, January 31, 2008

1001 Things to Remember

Lukas Litzsinger

LaBelle had a lot of good advice in his book, but the thing that kept hitting me over the head was the absolute overload involved. I frankly have no idea how this guy could possibly accomplish all of the things he talks about in a 24-hour day. Amazing. The amount of notes/pictures/cruising/brainstorming involved is utterly mindblowing. However, I do think that most of the things he talks about fall under common sense: you just know when a picture is a good one without having to break down all of the reasons why. In addition, many times you just have to shoot and hope for the best, as the situation is out of your control.

As for Snider's pictures...well, they left me with 'meh.' I feel like they are technically sound, but most of them lack powerful emotion. Not a bad collection by any means, but hardly seem like the best of the best street collection to me. A couple are really good though: the beads and the kids in France stand out to me. Some of them just need more context to understand what is going on.

No comments: