Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Backpack Journalism

Carla Schaffer

As a student wanting to be a part of convergence, my opinions sided mostly with the first article, the positive look at the backpack journalist. But the second article was the one that caught my attention the most. Maybe it held my interest because it’s an article with opposing views, and we like to defend what we believe in. I love the idea of the backpack journalist, and I resented the phrase, “ Jack of all trades, and master of none”. By being skilled in so many different areas, the journalist is more valuable to the station or company that they’re employed at. The backpack journalist demonstrate a flexibility that is hard to find, and will continue to change and advance as our technology and programs change in the future.

No comments: