Thursday, January 31, 2008

Anton Berkovich

I enjoyed David Snider's article and portfolio on candid street photography. It is exactly photos like that that got me into photography. Photographers like Howard French (http://www.howardwfrench.net/gal.php?id=01) inspired me to buy my first camera last year and take pictures of the city I live in. A well-crafted photo can be as powerful as a well-written article, in my opinion. With photo sites and cheap digital cameras, it's not easier than ever for people to go out and take pictures, but I hope that people realize there is more to a photo than simply pressing the button, and while many cameras out there take more-than-satisfactory photos, it's the extra effort and commitment to your photos that make them stand out. In my opinion, the most important tool a photographer can use is not their camera, lens, or filter (though they help), it's their feet and eyes that make an amazing photo. I think getting back to basics will help improve one's photos. So while I still shoot story assignments with that digital SLR, my main (and favorite) camera is my old 35mm film camera.

No comments: