Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Writing for a visual medium

From what I understand of writing for a visual medium, it certainly seems as though finding and keeping a narrow focus will be half the battle. This will be particularly difficult regarding my soon-to-come TV package for my project on campus evangelism.

Right now, the project falls under the blanket of “impacts of and reactions to campus evangelism in Columbia.” Sure, that’s all well and good, but condensing it into two minutes will be a challenge for me. Through my interviews for the project thus far, I have seen a variety of interesting perspectives regarding the work done by Brother Jed and other campus evangelists at Mizzou, but trying to superimpose them all into one piece will most likely marginalize each of these viewpoints. I think I’ll have to pick one particular angle and create the story from that perspective, with plans to focus on the views of others in future packages.

No comments: