Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Clean design

I felt like the reading helped clarify what I do when I look at a page. I am a fan of clean design. Through the four elements (Alignment, proximity, repetition and contrast), I feel like I can achieve this myself. From looking over the previous classes’ websites, I saw that color plays a prominent role in how I view a page. For example, a bright green or yellow or even black does not make it easy to read. For the final project, I would like to have a unified page with colors that bring out the colors in the photos and aid in a unified project.

When designing our page for our final project, I would also like to keep in mind the focal point of the story including a hierarchy of information. With the examples we looked at in class, I saw that I look at the biggest font first. For page design, we should make it easy on the viewer to see the most important information first. Images drive reader entry and I would like to have a great photo to get the readers’ attention. Once we have more elements for our story, we will be able to achieve this.

No comments: