Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Visual medium

I am very excited to start my broadcast project. After learning about what didn’t work for my short one -minute edited video, I now have an idea of where I want to go to make a good story. The key for mine will be to focus on what will best tell the story. For my one minute video, I had a lot of images of people standing around. Instead, I will go back and capture the students in action, constantly moving and acting. Also, by approaching the video as the same way as the photography, I will get close ups, medium and long shots for a sequence. What will really make the story pop will be the narration and writing.

What I learned through the readings was how to compose a script. I can get the images, but without knowing what to say or how to organize my work, then it will be pointless. I like the idea of opening with natural sound and using it throughout. Also, by referencing to the natural sound and shots with words, this can greatly improve my package. It was helpful to learn how to log video and find a progression in the story by writing a concise lead and ending. Also, I thought the idea about getting three interviews was helpful in order to not have to much from which to work. I really enjoy telling stories in a visual way. I just hope that I am able to do it effectively with powerful writing as well.

No comments: