Sunday, October 7, 2007

Waiting for a Hobbit

So this is late...

But in good reason. On Friday at 5pm I was out in Williamsburg, Mo. with Beth interviewing the family for our "Enchanted Doors" story. Yes, enchanted doors. If you aren't an 'A' person, you have no clue what I am talking about. Enchanted doors are little wooden doors you put in your garden (or where ever you want I guess) to attract fairies, hobbits, and other magical creatures. I was a bit relieved to find out that the people who make them don't actually believe in this, they just enjoy the woodworking. However, they did give me and Beth free doors. I know we should not accept gifts, but they insisted. I put the six inch door on my dresser, but no sign of hobbits just yet.

Also, this week was my KBIA shift. I tagged on with a Broadcast 1 student to do a photo slideshow of the opening of a playground at Boone County Family Resources (as did Beth with KOMU, weird). Anyway, due to some complications and an impromptu trip back to Saint Louis, I haven't had a chance to finish it yet. Thank god for no 8am this week, so now I can work on it ASAP tomorrow morning. I'll blog again after I see how my first journey into the world of Soundslides goes...

No comments: