Thursday, October 4, 2007

Video

I watched a video on chicagotribune.com. It was taken from CNN and it was titled "Wasps attack National Guard unit in Afghanistan." The video showed hundreds of wasps flying around in circles around the camera, and at times going straight towards the camera. Then at the end of the video, there is an explosion in the background that comes out of nowhere. There is no audio over the video, but there is a lot of natural sound with the wasps hitting the camera and other things around it.

It is a cool visual, because it is shown in a first-person perspective and you are really close to the action. The only thing that I disliked is that there was no description of why this was happening. I understand why they wouldn't have someone do a voice over, because they don't want to ruin the natural sound, but I would think that they would have some description around the video.

After I watched the video on chicagotribune.com, I went to cnn.com and they said the reason for the wasps attacking and the explosion in the background was because this unit was clearing a path for their vehicles. That is information that I would have liked to know. When I watched the video the first time my initial reaction was, "what was that explosion?"

No comments: