Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Visual Medium Writing

The pieces provided to read were very helpful to me, who has a fairly small knowledge of shooting news packages. The "Television and Field Reporting" chapters were extremely informative in giving the technical terms of shooting. After reading, I found myself critiquing my flash video that I shot for the recent project: "This is what I could've done better", "If I had done this a little differently..." There is definitely a lot more to shooting than I thought, and will take this information and apply it to my future shoots.

The "Writing The Package" piece was also very informative, in an application sense. This reading took the information from the first (which was a bit overwhelming) and gave real life examples in order to reinforce understanding. "Writing The Package" was a lot easier for me to follow and provided good examples for help in the next project.

I liked the Poynter piece because it gave good tips on how to really get good information/video/quotes for a story, simply by just focusing and listening. It really just means that it is up to us to get a good story, and then be able to incorporate technology in order to share it with other people.

No comments: