Friday, October 12, 2007

Story-in-a-sentence

I related to what Doug White had written. Often at times I think that people tend to get caught up in trying to work the technological aspects of an interview and forget to figure out if the storyline is working.

The notion of story-in-a-sentence is something that I will definitely be able to take on board and use , not JUST every time I go out and shoot but every time I am doing a piece of writing or a fictional story piece too.

I think his number 4 point about genuine moments is also something to remember. All too often we tend to want to control every moment of what we capture. I personally need to try to remember that yes silence is okay and that I should just let them do some impromptu things to change up my stories a little bit. They could take you in a direction you could have never thought of yourself!

No comments: