Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Journalism video from the WWW

I watched an AP video about how most of Mick Vick's dogs can be saved (http://usatoday.feedroom.com/). The story was pretty basic and I would only make minor changes. The reporter's voice was often muffled out by all of the dogs barking. So I would lower the audio level of the dogs so you could hear the reporter's voice and story better.

Also, this is picky and doesn't have to do directly with the video but I had to watch an advertisement before the video. I guess it's the wave of the future, as journalism needs someone to pay the bills. Now it's just online. I hope it doesn't deter audiences from watching the videos.

The story would be fairly similar if it were a text only story. But I do think it's important that I saw this as a video story. It brought more emotion to the story because you actually got to see the dogs that Vick abused. You can't express that in a story. The video helped make the story more humane.

Sure, a text only story could get the point across but it would be missing images of the dogs which give the story a different feeling.

No comments: