Thursday, October 11, 2007

Writing for Television

After reading "Writing the Package," I get the feeling that being able to write for television takes a lot of practice and good planning. I think the only way to write a good package you need to have a lot of background information to fall back on, both on the subject that you are covering and how to create a good package.

I think it is important to really understand your subject because it seems like it is helpful to know the story going into shoot. The more you know about the story, the more you can narrowly focus on the subject. That is extremely important when you only have a minute and a half to tell a story.

For me, this will take some practice because I have a problem with focusing on one aspect of a story. Even though I have never done this before, I am excited to begin.

No comments: