Thursday, August 30, 2007

Photojournalism Readings

Suekyoung Kim

I found both readings very interesting. The great picture hunt was 44 pages long but it was very informative and amusing so I really enjoyed reading it. What LaBelle basically said in his writing might have been something I already know, however, those elements of being a good photojournalist came to me in a different way that it brought me a compelling desire of hunting feature pictures. Those subjects in his photos seemed to be alive and their facial expressions, body language, and the spatial atmosphere made me feel something more than when I look at just ordinary photos. While I was reading his writing I could realize how photos can be taken as picturesque, artistic, yet journalistic. It’s great pleasure to read a piece of writing that is as powerful as to make its reader wish to go hunting feature pictures like his. Snider’s street picture story was also quite compelling. How both Davids created their world of photographs has left a deep aftertaste of passion to me. Work may be tough, but as long as one appreciates what s/he is doing, life is a lot happier. I visited Snider’s website and his works were awesome. Not only his distinctive skill of taking photos was special but also the photographer’s belief was great enough. Someday, when I become a novice at work I want my mental attitude toward my job to be as confident and affectionate as possible and to go all the way along with my constant mind.

No comments: