Thursday, August 30, 2007

Photography

- Erick Ward

When our class was looking at the cameras and going over the basics of photography on Tuesday I felt that this would be a very difficult assignment for me. I just thought that I didn't have the eye for a good picture. I didn't understand composition, the rule of thirds, etc. What I found interesting in the reading, and it gave me a little bit of hope was that David LaBelle felt that a lot of the ideas of photography could be acquired. He said all it takes is experience, patience, being prepared, and a few other things to be a good photographer. The only thing that photographers need that can be difficult to get is curiosity. Reading this in LaBelle’s article gave me some confidence, that with some work I can become at least a decent photographer.

No comments: