Thursday, August 30, 2007

Photo Readings

As I looked through David Snider’s photos, I found photos captured moments that could not have been captured from shooting across the street.In the second photo in Snider’s collection, Sonny’s Rosary Beads, New York City. This photo is filled with detail and emotion that tells me a bit about the person's life. The rough hands make me think that Sonny is a man who is a part of the American working class. The wrinkles tell me that Sonny is an older man at that. The beads show, to me, that this man is religious. This picture is simple but has more complexity to it than meets the eye. David LaBelle’s article, “The Great Picture Hunt”, stressed the importance of keeping a photo clear from extraneous detail and clutter. If you have to many things going on in a picture, it can take your eye away from what the focus of the picture is supposed to be.

No comments: