Thursday, August 30, 2007

Photojournalism Readings

Jessica Malnik

I thought that Snider made many informative and interesting points. Snider stated, “I began making pictures that I felt were the ultimate realization of photography's power to record the river of life that flowed all around me.” From this quote, I realized that good photography is a more visual way of seeing the world. He, also, admitted that he had to confront his biggest fear, which was having “an unpleasant response to . . . "taking" someone's photo without their permission. “ I can relate to him, because I have that same fear.

I thought that Snider’s photography was amazing. All of his photos managed to convey an emotional response. The level of detail in his photos truly impressed me. While all his photos are incredible, my favorite photo was of the woman standing on the stairs in Cannes, France. The photo captures every single detail, and also manages to be quite moving.

No comments: