Tuesday, June 12, 2007

writing for the visual medium

Personally, I'm easily the most challenged by television. No other medium holds the same challenges. I feel uncomfortable interviewing from behind a television camera, I feel intrusive using it, my shots aren't the best and I routinely forget something necessary to put a package together (this time: first a battery, then cover video). Television is also, ironically, the medium I as a citizen pay the least amount of attention to.
Writing for television and radio is one of the hardest parts. I've re-discovered how difficult it is to concisely sum up information for audio broadcast. Not my favorite task, and definitely not one I do well at yet.
I think for me though, it's more a case of just not having done it enough and not having seen it done enough. It's a conversational tone that I'm sure I could develop in time.

No comments: