Thursday, June 21, 2007

Good Design Against Bad Design

When reading about what good and bad designs are I was really captivated. I never knew there was a standard but apparently, there is! I thought it was very interesting that good design is usually defined as strictly flush left and on top on the web page this is the proximity element. Contrast is another thing that is very important- but obvious, you dont want yellow text against a light tan background less you want to strain your readers eyes in ways that can lead to migranes. Repetition is very important when designing your website because you should have consistancy or else the page can become confusing. I think that the information I read about will help me to become a better more organized web designer- These elements will make my page look more professional, and will stand out against alot of the pages out there.

No comments: