Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Total Package

I found the reading on how to create a package incredibly helpful. I wrote my package from the 5 step guideline as I read through it. I liked how it said to make points; I have a bad tendency to go off on tangents or show a clip or soundbite I just really like instead of thinking about whether or not it really fits with what I'm trying to get across. The step-by-step guide helped me complete my planning for my package in no time! I now know which shots I need to get, what I need to say, and the points I would like to express in my piece. I also have a better idea of what questions I need to ask. I think that what the reading said about whether or not a story needs a package is very true. Not every story needs or can handle a total package. Some stories aren't enough to make a whole piece with cover video and interviews and voice overs. The job of telling which stories should be told by the anchor and which should be made into a package is a hard one. But, the reading gave good examples and information to help decide. I thought this assignment was well worth it's weight in gold and it helped me emmensely.

No comments: