Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Flash journalism

Though my exposure and experience with slideshows and rollover graphics is only minimal, knowing those tools are available to tell a story makes the group project more interesting to work on. I've definitely become more appreciative of slideshows since some of the video interviews I did with kids didn't turn out well. Instead, I had to use a mirantz so that way I could hold mike up to the kids mouth for good sound, but I was also able to have visual footage of the children by taking photos and putting it together as s slideshow. With flash we're able to be more creative in how we capture something. I also like the use of graphics in explaining complex things. I've seen graphics for health and science stories that work well for both print and online. This gives people the option to learn the same thing in a different way, which I think is important.

No comments: