Monday, June 11, 2007

Poynter Article

It made sense to me that you should be able to say the main point of your story in one sentence. I feel that it would keep you on track to what you are trying to get across to the viewer. I thik that is something I will definately keep in mind in the upcoming group projects. I also liked the interviewing tips and have found the ones I have used from the list to be successful. Especially when you have personal connections to something someone is talking about. I found out the rink owner that I was interviewing knew some of the people that I knew back home in Seattle. I would have never though someone in Missouri would know those skating people. I thought it was pretty cool and it made her more open to talk to me. It also helped that I knew enough about the topic that they felt comfortable with me writing and interviewing them.

I agree wth the article when it says that we need to connect our eye, heart and body to journalism. I think all of those are important in creating something appealing and interesting. I do like that they said there should be that "gee whiz" moment. There does need to be some kind of suprise element that people don't know about because if not what's the point. People don't want to learn about what they already know!

No comments: