Monday, June 4, 2007

What stuck out to me about the story about KLAS, was what the director said ... the station had gone too long without a discussion about video editing. This to me could stop a lot of problems from happening. When I wrote for a small weekly in North Carolina, there were a lot of things that stuck out to me as un ethical, but there was never anytime to voice it. I think that if newsrooms regularly take the time to not only remind the staff of the stations ethical code, but also to listen to the staff as to what the station might be doing wrong, I think the news would take great steps forward.
I realize that getting the whole station together at any point and having the time to have this discussion is hard to find, but I believe that they people form KLAS will tell you the wish they had found the time to review ethics.

No comments: