Monday, June 11, 2007

Poynter Article

It’s very important to be concise and focus, being a journalist. This is easy to say, but hard to do. Both times, when I look at my TV stories, I kept finding myself getting a lot more ideas then I need to get my story told.

Let’s put tomorrow’s TV package as an example. I have footages from two of the classes; both of them have good shoots. But this brings up another problem of choosing which idea is more compelling to tell. I ended choosing one that I think complete story, over one that which might end up being another informative story, as I put in my audio story. I should have limited myself to one that I think I really will like and then just edit with whatever I have. This way, I can be more focus, can save more time, and be probably save my time in editing too.
Being focus is what I need to work on, and then after that, I can connect my heart, my eyes, and my body to Journalism as Tompkins mentioned in the reading.

No comments: