Monday, June 11, 2007

visual storytelling

I read the tips on visual storytelling, and I thought it was very interesting that they said that the different multimedia aspects of your site should not be repetitive, but complimentary. I first thought, wow that would probably be the hardest part...but then in the storyboarding section, they go through a good example. I really feel that I will reference this site for our final projects.

As for the poynter institute article, I loved the tips for interviewing. Silence is okay. Give the interviewee time to think about their answers. This is probably something that I would do...rushing. Oops. Also they said to connect with your interviewee and tell them something about yourself. This happened when I was interviewing a woman for my video story on my page. She started telling me the things I wanted to hear without me even having to ask her questions. Go Poynter.

No comments: