Monday, November 19, 2007

Week o' whoops

So in the excitement of Thanksgiving break, I totally forgot to blog. Then, I was forced to survive a weekend without any internet. It's harder than it sounds.

Anyway, forgetting to blog is not the only thing that went wrong this week. It started with us trying to add music to our FWB 'pod,' which didn't work out for Monday morning. Then, we had to submit investigative story ideas. Talk about burn out. How do actual reporters do it? I can't even come up with enough solid ideas to fill a semester, much less a whole career? And then the biggest whoops of them all, my Missourian shift.

So, I was supposed to go this MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) event where they were taking those old antique pictures of their kids. Preschoolers. Costumes. Cute, right? I talked to a MOP woman who told me it would be fine to come on Thursday at 3pm. Then, on Thursday afternoon she calls me and tells me that, no actually, I can't come that day, but I could come on Friday or Saturday. But my ride home was already checkin' out early on Friday morning. And the darn woman wouldn't call me back with an explanation as to why Thursday wouldn't work. So that shift went down the toilet.

I decided that I am cursed at the Missourian. Two shifts in a row falling through? That's not normal. Looks like I'll be spending my finals week at the Missourian doing make-ups.

No comments: