Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Flash Journalism

Flash is really cool. It seems cheesy to say, but I never thought that I would ever learn how to do it in the first place. I think it provides an interesting and interactive way to get the point across. In the reading, graphics of the space shuttle Columbia were described. An explanation of why it crashed is more easily understood with a time-elapsed graphic than just a list of what happened. It provides a picture to the explanation that viewers can control themselves and can understand at their own pace. What's really great about Flash is that anyone can get it. Alas, the story is available all over!

Photo slideshows are pretty neat, too. I don't know what it is about them, but they always manage to be my favorite part of any presentation. I think they capture emotion in a way that video does not. The split-second image is so powerful, and when accompanied by the voices of the people in the images, it's like a double whammy.

I think the new advances in technology and online media are extremely helpful in spreading the news and having people receive it in an interactive and informative way.

No comments: