Thursday, November 1, 2007

Good/bad Design

I'm glad that we were assigned these two readings before our final project websites really got off the ground because I'm a slave to so many of the don'ts mentioned in the readings. I've never given a thought to proper alignment, and on top of that I like to center text and use italicized fonts that are pretty but not practical. I learned a lot about the little things that help a website look professional, for example grouping text together in a logical fashion. The main lesson that I came away from these readings with is that most of the time simplicity will trump complexity in terms of web design. Many of the example websites that I thought were the most aesthetically pleasing were very simple and looked easily navigable. All of the tips in these readings will be especially helpful in these next couple of weeks.

Xenia Shih

No comments: