Sunday, November 4, 2007

Design

Tyson Sprick

I'm not looking forward to this. At all.
I think that the actual design part of the final project will be the toughest aspect of the whole thing. Really. If you look at a well-made web page, there are so many different pieces in just the right place doing just the right things, and I think that will be hard to create.
That said, I think common sense and familiarity with the World Wide Web goes a long way. Lynda (and the readings) gave us some simple things to remember when designing a web page, and I think at this level following those principles should almost be enough. Lynda made a good point in class, saying that in the "real world" there will be an actual web designer, so unless you're that person, you won't really have to worry about it. Thanks, Lynda, that made my day. But I will try to implement the CARP characteristics, use some common sense, and get some input. I think with that, I should be good to go. That alone will make it better than half the web pages out there.

No comments: