Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Photography... (lame i know)

I loved Alison Yin’s Down at the Barber Shop and the World Understanding multimedia picture of the year photo. The World Understanding photo is calming yet very foreign to me. The Barber Shop photos are entertaining and describe a small town lifestyle that I am unfamiliar to. Anyone who watches that slide show cannot help but smile at some point.  I do not like to heavily analyze photos, but I do believe it is important to understand the photographer’s artistic purpose.

  Part of the reason I joined convergence journalism is because I love shooting photography. My favorite type of photography to shoot is urban photography and nature. I have been compiling a portfolio and a photo book for the last 2 years. Hopefully sometime this year, I will finish and publish my book. 

No comments: