Sunday, May 25, 2008

Connecting with Photos

I really liked a lot of these photos because they did an exceptional job showing these people in their everyday lives. Pictures truly are worth a thousand words and people viewing these photos will remember them long after the details of the article vacates their mind.

My favorite picture was of the nuns after they found out a new pope had been chosen. Sure it made me smile, but I also, for whatever reason, felt like I was in the room with them.

I also liked the picture of the little boy at the dinner party. I think all of us can remember how he feels from perhaps a decade ago or so. I used to be that little boy, but I'm not quite ready to be one of the guests at the party either.

I was also touched by the pictures of the children in Nigeria and other countries. I try to think about pictures like those when I want to complain about the small, unimportant problems that crop up in my life every now and then. Photojournalists allow me to realize my life isn't so bad after all.

No comments: