Monday, May 26, 2008

Multimedia Awards

I was very impressed by the USA Today winner in the Interactive Publication- Major Media category. They blended a photo slideshow together very effectively with sound bites. In fact, I think in that particular case, the still photos were more effective than a video clip would have been. All of their selections were very impressive though. The interactive graphics were functional and looked really nice. I really liked the interactive timeline in the "inauguration" portion of the package. Overall, I thought that the package was a very good blend of information that was functional, visually appealing, and made full use of current software technology.

In the "hurricane katrina" portion of the package, I was very impressed with their interactive map of New Orleans which showed were most of the damage was occurring. They also had a really awesome selection of quality photos, audio clips, and video clips from the event.

No comments: