Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Backpack Journalism

From Scott Krones

Like many others, I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do within Journalism. But once I read up on Convergence, it intrigued me immediately and I knew right then that this is what I wanted to do. The prospect of learning different media and various skills is very exciting to me and I just want to take in as much as I can. In regards to Backpack Journalism, I feel like there doesn't have to be a predetermined boundary for someone's proficiency -- just because someone wants to learn a number of different skills doesn't mean that they have to be mediocre in all of them. A true journalist will not accept anything but perfection, and I don't see why it would be any different for backpack journalists. It seems as if some people are just unwilling to accept change. These newer means of producing news are slowly but surely taking over, and it's cool that we are going to play a part in the movement.

No comments: