Thursday, April 5, 2007

You can imagine it, but can you create it?

I may stand alone but I think design is just as important as content. If you open up a web page and the content is great, but the design is so obnoxious that people close the window before reading it-you've accomplished nothing.

I also think that we all generally have an idea of what good and bad design is...we are all web users, and we all know what we think looks good and bad-that opinion generally seems to be the same.

My frustration arises in my abilities. I know what a good website is supposed to look like, but sometimes I can't get it there. I have a vision of what I think it should be, but my lack of knowledge with the software programs limits what I can produce. This is by far the most frustrating thing with "design." We can all dream it up, but we can't all create it. grrr...

No comments: