Thursday, April 5, 2007

Design Frenzy

Before we talked about web design in class, I definitely had my own criteria when surfing the web. If a page was not organized and professional looking, I was very judgmental and questioned its validity. I agreed with many of the design rules mentioned in 4802, but I think it validated my overcritical stance and it may be going overboard. I received an email from a student organization I'm a member of and the alignment was all over the place, with different colors, fonts, and sizes varied throughout. The structure was completely intentional in order to make the informational email an interesting read. But it drove me crazy! Sometimes simplicity is the best method. I think you can still be creative with so many restrictive rules of structure. Although many of the mainstream websites are very similar, they still have their own style that you can recognize. Can't wait to learn php!!!

No comments: