Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Ouch!

Why didn't I read "Writing the Package" this last week??! It pains me - but not too much. In retrospect, I understand the necessity of focusing your story before you shoot the video for it.
If you don't, you might fall into what Lynda called the Grocery Store phenomenon: an unfocused story which in presenting entirely too much information becomes forgettable for audiences.

Before I read this article, I had to try to produce my stories based on what felt like a natural order. While I think imitating what I have seen before has worked decently, having a template to give me a skeletal structure for my longer video piece will be invaluable.

On a side note, did anyone else hear Lynda talk about the Nazi march tonight on KBIA? I did an aural double take.

No comments: