Thursday, March 1, 2007

Daycare is poor

The internet video news story that I watched was "Child-care centers deemed 'too lax' across the U.S" published by MSNBC.com. It was about a minute long, and was in the style of the prototypical TV news story. It did the job of getting across the point that apparently studies have shown that non-parental child care places are not quite the bees knees in some places. They named one or two states where they are particularly bad. This is about all they did. They repeated the same stock footage 3 times, and did not really get into any detail on the facts of the story. Nobody was interviewed, and I did not come away impressed at all. I did not see if it was accompanied with a print story, but I hope it was, because that would have given me the details, study showings, and interviews that I would have liked. Not impressed.

No comments: