Monday, February 26, 2007

Eureka, blogger works.

Ok, so I've gone in circles with blogger for a few weeks. After many fights, and now a new account...here are the missing blogs.

Radio News Story
So is it horrible of me to say that I have never listened to KBIA? This would be the first time and I chose the Adderall story. Before I comment on what I thought about that story, let me defend my reason for not having listened to KBIA prior to this assignment. First of all, I hate to criticize, but when I think KBIA, a number doesn’t come to my mind. I have no idea where to find it on my radio dial. Second, I become extremely irritated listening to people talk on the radio. Not just news either, I can’t even stand Delilah. My car time is my quiet time. If the radio is even on, it is on something low and mellow. That being said, I surprisingly liked the Adderall story-I could relate. NOT saying that I use Adderall, but I do know people who sell and use. It also made me a little nervous about our upcoming project. I’ve done video before, but radio is a new thing- it’s a field unknown to me (I don’t even listen to it). It seems to me as if building a story on nothing but sound may be more difficult than stories with video and audio. I’m interested to see what it takes.

Staging and Editing
I couldn’t help but to think back to the reporter in the kayak. She’s paddling basics. along in the kayak (literally using a paddle), in a flooded neighborhood, doing her “stand up.” Then all of a sudden two men walk by- lo and behold, the water is only calf high. How embarrassing. The readings and the points made seemed extremely similar to the books we covered J1100. They are also seem very much like common sense to me now-but I also hear them constantly. Maybe a few years down the road we will all need a refresher coarse. Kind of like old people who drive. You know, they were on top of their game when they had to take the driver’s test, but forty years down the road-they may not remember some

No comments: