Friday, March 20, 2009

This week i completed my second and final set of shifts at KBIA this semester. My story was about the discontinuation of the Columbia festival of the Arts after 17 years. While this was not my first shift at KBIA, it was the first reporting shift I had, as last time I edited a story for a capstone student. Although this was supposed to be a day turn story, it felt a lot like a team story because of the amount of work I put into it. My first shift was on Monday and I worked on it for about 3 hours. Then I did interviews on tuesday and wednesday afternoon. Once I finished the interviews I wrote my script. I finally finished editing the story on thursday. I worked on the story every day of the week, and although I spent more time on it than I would have liked to, I think it turned out well. I really enjoyed working at KBIA, mostly because of the editors and other reporters. The atmosphere was much more laid back than the Missourian, and I was able to get more feedback from the faculty editors and news director. I also learned some cool tricks in cool edit this week, and got a lot more practice editing audio. I learned how to blend audio clips and the correct format for writing scripts for KBIA. This story had some more angles that could have been explored and easily would have made a good team story if i hadn't used it for my KBIA shifts this week.

No comments: